Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Favorite Books Linky Party

Runde's Room is hosting a linky party where we can each share some of our favorite books. I love this--because I love books! See my previous post and you can find out just how much I love books! If you share your favorites and link up with her blog, you'll get a copy of her 30-Day Book Challenge packet, and you're entered into a great giveaway!

Here are a few of my favorites books:

Childhood Favorites
Where to begin? The first books that I fell in love with as a very young reader were The Berenstain Bears books. My parents actually brought boxes of my childhood books to my house back in the spring, and when I opened the lid there they all were--dog-eared corners, pages falling out--old friends, waiting to greet me! I also loved The Baby-Sitters Club--I always ordered the latest one each time a new Scholastic book order came out.

Classroom Favorites
I have lots of these too. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and The Best School Year Ever are a few of my favorites. I love books that illicit a response from my kids while I'm reading it. I love it when they beg me to read "one more chapter" of a classroom read aloud!

Professional Favorites
I love Debbie Diller's books--her book on literacy work stations is one of my favorites. I also like The Daily 5. A couple of years ago, I read a book called What Great Teachers Do Differently--it was a great and inspiring read.

Guilty Pleasure Favorites
Here's another category where I could go on and on forever. I love Harry Potter and always will. I love mystery and suspense--Agatha Christie, John Grisham, and Mary Higgins Clark are a few of my fave authors. I also love the Booktown Mysteries by Lorna Barrett. Jodi Picoult is another favorite author. I also love classic literature--particularly Jane Austen. I could go on and on.

What about you? What are some of your favorite books?       

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! My youngest daughter just discovered all the Berenstain Bears books in her sister's room - let me tell you - she is one HAPPY girl!

    ReplyDelete