Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

New Year, New Classroom

I will begin my fourth year of teaching this fall. Yet somehow, I'm about to put together my fifth classroom? I taught for the RSD in New Orleans for my first two years, and the building that I taught in for the first semester of year #2 was condemned (makes sense, right?) at the end of November, and we had to move to a new (to us) building in January. And actually, now that I'm thinking about it, because of all this I taught in a portable for two weeks that December, so technically this will be my SIXTH classroom!

Nobody ever said teaching was for the faint of heart!

SO--all of that information simply to lead into the fact that I went up to my new school today to do some scoping out of my new digs. This is actually the second time I've been up there. I went last week and moved all of my boxes/bins into my room from one of the kindergarten rooms where I was storing them, and I set up my desks. Here's a bit of what I've accomplished:
This is a view from the entry to my room. You'll see two other doors in this picture--those actually go into two other classrooms.
This is from the other wall--the door in the corner is actually the entry from the hallway.
The organizer in me is just itching to start unpacking boxes and moving larger furniture around, but I'm going to wait a few more weeks. The former 4th grade teacher hasn't had an opportunity to move her personal things out yet--she's going to teach religion next year, but her office space is still a work in progress so she hasn't been able to move in yet. So for now, my stuff will be staying like it is.
I'm already excited though! I'm already planning and looking toward a new year. More later on what I've got up my sleeve for my 4th graders this fall!

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment