Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting To Know You Linky Party

As I mentioned a few posts ago, The Book Whisperer Read Along starts on Monday! Beth at Thinking of Teaching interviewed Donalyn Miller with the questions posted below, and then invited her readers to post their own answers and link up. Here are my responses. Feel free to click here and join in on the fun!
1) What is your favorite book (or series) from childhood?
I LOVED the Babysitter's Club books when I was a kid. I owned at least 30 of them (if not more), and I read them over and over and over again. A few other stand-out faves include Charlotte's Web, Number the Stars, and Just As Long as We're Together (I was also a big Judy Blume fan).

2) What is your favorite book (or series) now?
Again, how do I just pick one. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan (have you checked out Pottermore yet? I'm very curious about how this will work). I like books by Jodi Picoult and Francine Rivers. I'm also a big fan of mystery/suspense novels. One of my favorite mystery series is the Booktown Mystery series by Lorna Barnett.

3) What is your opinion of e-readers?
I have a Kindle, and I do enjoy it. I love the instant gratification of purchasing books that I really want to read. It's also great for when I'm traveling. However, as most book lovers will attest, there's just something about a new book. I like being able to easily flip back and re-read something if I've forgotten a detail, and I like being able to put my bookmark in and see how much I've read. I still purchase books despite having a Kindle, and I have no intentions of stopping.

4) Finish this sentence: "On Sundays I like to..."
...go to church, eat lunch with good friends, take naps, and spend QT with my sweet husband.
5) Describe yourself in 5 words!
Christian, sensitive, creative, free-spirited

6) Hardcover or paperback? Why?
Paperback--I think they're easier to hold while you read.

7) Coffee or Tea?
Depends: I am a good southerner, so I love my sweet tea. Tea in it's sweet form is really about the only way I like it though--no flavors or hot tea, please! Coffee on the other hand--I love to try new flavors and creamers. Coffee to me is also more of an "experience"--it goes with books, working, shopping, movies--everything!
Your turn!

1 comment:

  1. I love your opinion of coffee...so fun! Sweet tea is something we Canadians just can't used to. Iced tea in Canada is so very different!
    Looking forward to having you join the read along.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete